Ordered the new Axial SMT10 Grave Digger Monster Truck, which arrived today. I’m planing on racing it at Trigger King Monster Truck events. Can’t run it stock so it will need to be modded a little. Will be getting 2.8″ wheels & tires. I will also be changing the motor and esc. Also not wanting to be another Grave Digger running at Trigger King, there are several already. I bought a 80’s Chevy Blazer body. Also wanted to get rid of the neon green frame. Back in the old days of RC I used RIT dye to dye plastic parts. So I took a big throw away roaster pan and filled it with hot water and poured in 2 boxes of black RIT dye. Tired fishing line to the pieces to make it easier to fish the out of the dye vat or or check on the process. Heated the water to about 200 degrees and dropped a couple of pieces in to see how long it was going to take. After 15 minutes the pieces looked pretty good. Did a couple of batches letting them cook for 15 minutes each. Afterwards I transferred them to the sink and rinsed them well with cold water and placed them on paper towels to dry. I then proceeded to put digger back together with it’s new black frame.
I will also be replacing the servo with a stronger one with all metal gears. The Tactic servo that comes with it has one plastic gear in it and doesn’t have a lot of torque. I’m replacing it with a TowerPro 958MG which has somewhere around 350 in pounds of torque. When the new electronics are installed I can finish putting Digger back together.