October 2nd was the monthly Trigger King Monster Truck race held at Bigfoot 4×4 in Pacfic, Mo. It was an interesting track this month, you crossed over and ran both the red & the blue lanes with the cross over … Continue reading →
Instead of using my phone and taking the chance that it might fly off or otherwise get busted checking the speed on my rigs I purchased a Big5 GPS meter. To test it and to see just how fast Was-a … Continue reading →
On Sunday Sept 11th, 2016 I took Digger to the Trigger King Monster Truck Race held at Bigfoot 4×4 in Pacific, Mo. Trigger King is a local monster truck club that holds monthly monster truck competition. They goal is to … Continue reading →
To race Digger with Trigger King Digger needed bigger tires and wheels. A set of Proline Brawler Clod Buster 2.6″ Gray Wheel +17.5mm Wider Offset & a set of Proline Destroyer tires for them. Painter the the wheels metallic silver … Continue reading →
Sent Digger to the paint shop to get it painted pearl red. After several coats of pearl read the masking was removed and the strip was painted and the entire inside of the body was painted with the chrome silver … Continue reading →
Installed some Incision upper links on Digger. These are 1/4″ stainless steel rod. Incision is a division for Vanquish. This should help stabilize the front and real axles. The stock links get bendy after a bit. I also removed the covers … Continue reading →
Been working on Digger. Added a front sway bar and switched the springs front to rear. I think I need softer springs Seems a little stiff event with the preloads backed all the way off. Started working on the ’80 … Continue reading →
Ordered the new Axial SMT10 Grave Digger Monster Truck, which arrived today. I’m planing on racing it at Trigger King Monster Truck events. Can’t run it stock so it will need to be modded a little. Will be getting 2.8″ wheels & tires. I will also be changing the motor and esc. Also not wanting to be another Grave Digger running at Trigger King, there are several already. I bought a 80’s Chevy Blazer body. Also wanted to get rid of the neon green frame. Back in the old days of RC I used RIT dye to dye plastic parts. So I took a big throw away roaster pan and filled it with hot water and poured in 2 boxes of black RIT dye. Tired fishing line to the pieces to make it easier to fish the out of the dye vat or or check on the process. Heated the water to about 200 degrees and dropped a couple of pieces in to see how long it was going to take. After 15 minutes the pieces looked pretty good. Did a couple of batches letting them cook for 15 minutes each. Afterwards I transferred them to the sink and rinsed them well with cold water and placed them on paper towels to dry. I then proceeded to put digger back together with it’s new black frame.
I will also be replacing the servo with a stronger one with all metal gears. The Tactic servo that comes with it has one plastic gear in it and doesn’t have a lot of torque. I’m replacing it with a TowerPro 958MG which has somewhere around 350 in pounds of torque. When the new electronics are installed I can finish putting Digger back together.