Purchased a used MST FXX-D which had been upgraded with an aluminum steering rack, aluminum shocks & carbon fiber shock towers. Took the esc, servo, & 21T motor from the other FXX-D & put them in the new one. tested it in the basement and it did okay.
When I took it to Prolevel RC to try it out on their drift track it didn’t do as well. When coming down the long straight and heading into the sweeper turn it had a lot of under-steer if you missed the speed or entry point by just a tad. Did well on the tight switch backs. Basically had the same issue at the other end with another sweeper.
Sunday I put it on the bench and got the setup sheet from the manual and set it up according to the instructions for the most part. I did find that the settings on the right front and left front didn’t match so this might have been part of the issue. When moving the tie rods to the factory holes on the C block I lost the toe out. To correct this I moved the arms down one hole on the rack. I was then able to get a tad of toe out. The instruction manual called for 30w oil in the shock. not knowing what they had I put 30w in both front and read. Set the ride height with the shock preloads. I couldn’t get it exact according to the instructions but it’s close. Took it for a test drive in the basement.
I think the front springs are a little soft but it appeared to drift well in the basement. The real test will be when I take it back to Prolevel RC and test it on their drift track.